Friday, June 25, 2010

Crappy students...

I've got like the worst students.

One kid, is especially bad. He always comes to class like 20,30 minutes late. And of course doesn't remember anything I taught him last class...

The thing is, he does understand what I teach him (besides I try to teach as few as possible per class, so he doesn't have to "process" that much), but he just really doesn't think it's important enough to remember, so he forgets everything like by the next day...

I've tried "quizzes" (like vocabulary, and sentences, all one on one), and it helps a little bit, he remembers for like 2, 3 days. But by the next week, it's all lost. So it's VERY hard to go to the next unit like this.

I try not to give up on anyone, and this kid does have the capability to understand, so there's some hope. But lately, he's becoming very annoying... He keeps saying stuffs like "ok, I'll finish this page, then I can go back home right?", expressing how bad he doesn't want to come, or "I'm not gonna be able to do this. Impossible. No way." before trying to do anything first (he is able to the problems most of the time, if he tries).

I don't expect students to be smart, and it's not a problem if they aren't at all. But I do expect them to at least have some decent manners. And I'm really getting pissed off by this kid. As a "juku" (preparatory school kinda thing...) I teach like at most two students by class. So it would be very awkward to yell, or start preaching anyone, besides probably not very helpful ---we're of course told not to do that as well^^---.

Anyone knows how to treat a kid like this? I'd love to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment