Monday, February 21, 2011

IBM's Watson kicks ass at Jeopardy!

itjungle's story

Wow, that thing apparently can't actually listen/recognize speech, but has to get the questions written down for input. But still it's amazing how far AI has gone. Computers that can I understand human language would make life so much easier... and scary at the same time>< (ever seen Matrix?).

Being a long time GNU/Linux user, obviously I've used emacs's "doctor"... It doesn't look anything like Watson:

I am the psychotherapist. Please, describe your problems. Each time
you are finished talking, type RET twice.

I don't have a girlfriend

Why do you say you do not have a girlfriend?

Because I don't.

Is it because you do not that you came to me?

Yes, it is.

Earlier you said you do not?

What?

Can you elaborate on that?

NO...

Why not?

because

Does it bother you that I ask you that?

no

Are you annoyed that I ask that?

ok, I guess yes...

Maybe your plans have something to do with this.

I don't think so...

Is it because of your life that you say you do not think so?

...

No comments:

Post a Comment