Monday, July 12, 2010

ginza's company2

And I thought I was doing fine...
I thought this company was finally gonna hire me!
silly me...

I went to the last interview, they took me directly to the president's office, where he personally gave me an interview.
It didn't go that well...
It was going very well while talking about the last interview, and how I like free software/GNU software/Linux, and how I'd work in the company if I get hired.
But he suddenly made a serious face, and said: "The thing is, we like you very much, and you are obviously well fitted for the company, the only thing that stops me from hiring you right now, is your score in the 'fitting test'"...
Damn, just as I suspected.

Now, I have a big problem. Obviously, those damn tests!! Apparently, I'm too slow in the math section. And of course I don't always know the answer in the Japanese Language ones (the tests are all made for Japanese people, so it's kinda hard for foreigners...) .

I read somewhere, and usually hear, that western people aren't as good in math as Asians are. I didn't think it was true till today...
Well, I have to read the problem in Japanese, which probably takes more time than for the rest of the people taking it. But The main problem is the math itself. They problems are very hard to put in a formula already, but the numbers they give you to add/multiply,etc are even more annoying...

Before coming to Japan, I had a 100% score in math from like junior high, till high school. So everyone thought like I was a genius or something. It was just the level difference...
Apparently (or so I hear), in Europe/America math is focused not as much as calculation, as it is in expressing formulas, etc. But in Asia (I guess China too, but especially Japan, India) math is focused in calculation a lot too. So Asian students usually do very well in math classes abroad^^.

The guy even asked me once "is that because you don't like Microsoft?", omg... lol I was like "No sir, I didn't mean it like that. It's not like I don't like Microsoft or anything...", and he said "because, we really don't like them so much either^^".

I really don't know how I did. But I know I really thought I was gonna get hired by these guys, and now I really think that's not so probably. Damn.

Tomorrow I'll go to a company which has a special criteria for abroad students. They don't even make us take a written tests! We have to make group discussion. The rest of the students are mostly Chinese, so it'll be so easy ^^ (most Chinese speak Japanese like crap).

No comments:

Post a Comment